The Good Life

The Good Life

Friday, April 8, 2011

things i'm going to miss....besides the obvious, friends and family....

-mimi's cafe.  mimi's is single handedly responsible for 7 of the pounds that are currently on my body but are not wanted there.  i can point to the muffins exact locations....but i will not.

-target.  i only go a few times a month, but when i'm there...i am happy.  however, it is probably best that i will no longer have target to wonder around in.  for one,  i have conditioned myself to think that every time i check out there, i deserve a box of junior mints.  these junior mints have contributed to 3 of the pounds of unwanted weight i am currently carrying.  i can point to each mint...but i will not.

-the mall that is 5 minutes to my north, the mall that is 10 minutes to my south and the mall that is 20 minutes to my west.  i only go about once every six weeks, but i feel better just knowing they are there.  it's a safety thing mostly.   should i need something, it will most certainly be at one of these malls.  and that makes me feel right about things.

-braums' milk.  i really can't imagine a life without it.  i have to just block out the idea of drinking anything but braums' milk.  Lord, help me.

-pizza hut.  i make really good pizza at home.  i'm becoming quite a pizza'ria'er'ish kind of a person...but still, i love pizza hut.  i always have.  ever since it was the place that all church people went on sunday night after church when i was a little girl.  i really love the small town pizza hut...it's my absolute favorite!  but here in the city, i have to settle for the carry out place.  it isn't nearly as wonderful, and sadly, they do not have the great pizza hut buffet....but it works ok.  which brings me to my next thing...

-pizza hut buffet.  oh how i love you, pizza hut buffet!  i don't get you very often, but you make my head spin with happiness.   so much so that you are responsible for 5 of the extra pounds that are currently on my body.  if anyone ever sees the pounds that seem to be shaped like triangles on my thighs...well, you know...

-tex mex.  this is becoming painful to think about...

-dillards sales.  i love you dillards.  you have always been my most favorite place to shop.  and even though i don't shop very often, i always knew that i could count on you.

-netflix.  i didn't expect my relationship with you to be so fulfilling.  but it is...and now i can't imagine life without you.

but at the end of the day...i will live.  i will live without each one of you, and i will be ok.  and i might even lose a few pounds along the way....so long buttermilk spice muffins, you were good while you lasted!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Dezra. I hear ya. Someone asked me a few months ago what I was gonna want sent to me once I was living in Swaziland and I kinda blanked at the time. But since then, that question has stayed with me and I've come up with quite the list, too.

    BTW, have you been pleased to find that Tex Mex isn't quite totally extinct from Swaziland? When I lived there, I knew of only one shop that sold, of all things, Old El Paso taco seasoning mix. But I didn't see a corn chip, tortilla, or anything else remotely Tex Mex-ish for the whole two years. Now I'm loving that The Spur has some stuff and my kids were thrilled to find Doritos. I have a feeling, though, that I'm gonna get really good at making homemade tortillas.

    ReplyDelete