The Good Life
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
loungewear...what's the big deal?!?!
one of my favorite bloggers is the pioneerwoman. she is absolutely hysterical, and with the exception of her bazaar love of her dog, charlie... she has the makings of what could be my very best friend in the whole wide world. well, in her blogs she often makes reference to black GAP yoga pants. so, the other day when randy and i were driving somewhere, and we do that OFTEN....i told him i would like to try these amazing pants. of course his response to this is one i would have predicted, as he is anti stretchy pants. i think he said something along the lines of, why do women buy those if they aren't going to work out? i don't understand. you don't see men wearing them... he said that he thinks women should do like men, wake up, put their pants and shirts on and be dressed for real already. or something to that effect. i don't know why it's a big deal to him. i can't even begin to imagine my life without my stretchy black pants. i cannot wait to get into them! i love the days when i don't have to get out of them. and dog on it, i want to at least try on those GAP pants!!! all this to say, why do men have this weird hatred towards loungewear? so i thought about it some more. here is all i could come up with....our pants are fitted. we have all of these things on under our clothes that are fitted. being a woman has for centuries been one of the most uncomfortable things to be on the planet! from corsets to girdles to spanx and back, women are uncomfortable! no wonder we are cranky! and i haven't even begun on underwire, push up, padded, or cleavage reducing bras. good grief! the lounge pant is the one comfy thing in our lives for crying out loud....let us lounge! it's really awesome that you get to put on your loose fitting jeans and a shirt and be done with it. but all that means to me is that you can't enjoy the blessing that the lounge pant truly is. and so now i am done with that. i am going to GAP. i will fight for the right to lounge. it's a worthy cause....in my opinion...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this, Dezra! I found it when I was going back thru some of your old blog posts looking for ones about your move to Swaziland.
ReplyDeleteSo tell me, did you buy some Gap yoga pants? I had some for years and years and I agree with Pioneer Woman, they were the most comfy things I owned. Mine were maternity ones, and alas, even though I wore them long past my last pregnancy, when I lost 70 pounds this past year, their comfyness got a little too comfy and, well, loose.
But that's a good problem, right?
But me thinks that next time I'm around Gap, I need to look for a new pair.
Ooops...now that I've had time to think about it, mine were OLD NAVY yoga pants. But since they're owned by the same company, I'm betting they are pretty similar. Just Old Navy is what I actually could AFFORD to buy! LOL!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great writing. I love your style. It is different and it makes me smile.